When it comes down to car upkeep, brakes have to be among of the most crucial aspects to take into consideration. It’s not a secret that brake repair and maintenance account for a significant portion of the overall repair costs. That means finding the most affordable place to have your brakes fixed is vital if you’re looking for a lower cost on auto maintenance.
If you’re suffering from damaged brake pads or you’re experiencing brakes noisy we’ll go over the best choices for low-cost brake services. We’ll also provide suggestions on how to ensure that you’re receiving high-quality work for a low cost.
If you’re in the need of brake repairs but you want to save money take a look! We’ll show you how simple it can be to locate the most affordable deals on your vehicle.
Five Cheapest Places to Get Brakes Replaced
If you’re looking for low-cost places to have brakes fixed, Jiffy Lube, Midas, Pep Boys, and Firestone Complete Auto are some of the larger chains that have competitive prices for brake repairs or services. However, you may find the most affordable price at the repair shop near you. Make sure you are taking advantage of sales, discounts or coupons.
Let’s take a close look at the best locations to get brakes fixed:
1. Jiffy Lube
The first on this list are Jiffy Lube. The well-known chain is among the most famous brands in auto repair, with easy-to-find locations across the country which makes it easy to locate a service no matter where you reside.
In everything from brake pads and fluid Jiffy Lube can provide the necessary services to maintain your brake power in check and reliable. They will also help allow you to get back out on the highway in no time.
What Do Brake Repairs Cost at Jiffy Lube?
At Jiffy Lube, you can anticipate paying between $300 to $250 per axle for brake pad replacement. This can be increased 400 or even more when you require a replacement rotor. The price can differ based on a variety of aspects, and if you’re in search of additional services, you may expect to pay more.
Here are a few offerings Jiffy Lube offers:
Brake Fluid Exchange:
- The brakes are visually inspected
- Brake fluid replacement
Checking the Brake:
- A visual inspection is conducted of the brakes system.
- Measurement of the brake pad
- Recommendations for service providers
The other recommended location for brake repair is Midas. With multiple locations spread throughout the United States, Midas offers low prices and a broad selection of services. If you take your vehicle to Midas for brake repair it is first recommended to undergo an inspection of the brakes with 55 points that analyze your complete brake system.
Then , they’ll take time to describe your vehicle’s state of repair and suggest what needs to be fixed. Before you make repair, receive an estimated written estimate of the most effective options within your budget.
What Do Brake Repairs Price At Midas?
Midas is among the cheapest places to have brakes repaired. On average an expense for replacing a brake pad at Midas can cost between $200-$300 per axle, and includes the resurfacing of rotors. It is possible to spend about $400 per axle for a brake pad as well as replacement of the rotor.
Remember that these are estimates of cost and are subject to change based on a variety of factors.
Services for common brakes offered at Midas are:
- Replacement brake pad for the brake or brake pads
- Resurfacing of brake rotors or drum turning
- Drum replacement or brake rotor
- Fluid exchange for the brake or flushing
- Repair of leaky brake lines
- The light on your brake diagnosis
3. Pep Boys
The wide range of services makes Pep Boys one of the leading contenders in terms of vehicle maintenance discounts. If you’re in search of one of the top offers on brakes, Pep Boys is the place to look. They provide repairs and also are a retailer of auto parts and can offer the choice of choosing pads or rotors among an array of brands.
What is the cost of a brake job cost at Pep Boys?
For Pep Boys, a standard brake service is typically priced between $200-$300 per axle. This covers Wagner brake pads, installation, inspection of the brake system and resurfacing of brake drums/rotors. If you are looking for a brake pad or rotor replacement, anticipate paying between $350 and $450 for each axle.
Remember that these are estimates of cost and are subject to change based on a variety of factors.
Pep Boys Standard Brake Services comprises:
- Wagner brake pads, as well as their installation
- Inspection of the brake system
- Resurfacing of drums and rotors on brakes
- Lifetime brake pad/shoe guarantee
- 12-month/12K mile labor warranty
PEP Boys The Premium Brake Service offers:
- Wagner brake pads as well as their installation
- Brake System Inspection of the Brake System
- Resurfacing system for drums and brake rotors
- Brake fluid exchange
- Lifetime warranty on brake pads and shoes.
- 24 month / 24k mile labor warranty
4. Firestone Complete Auto Care
Firestone Complete Auto Care is an established name in auto maintenance that has been operating since 1926. They provide competitive pricing and offer quality service you can count on.
If you’re in need of brake repairs or replacements, Firestone Complete Auto Care could be among the most affordable alternatives. Additionally, their staff is recognized for their welcoming and knowledgeable service and can assist you in the procedure.
What Is A Brake Job Going to Cost at Firestone?
The basic brake service in Firestone Complete Auto Care costs between $150 and $250 per axle. This typically includes a full check, Wagner brake pads, and resurfacing of the rotor. If you require both brake pads and replacement of the rotor, anticipate paying approximately $400 per axle including parts and labor.
Be aware that these are estimates of cost and may vary based on a variety of factors.
Firestone Standard Brake Services include:
- Installing fresh brake shoes or pads,
- Resurfacing or replacing drums and brake rotors
- Checking brake components
- A lifetime parts guarantee on shoes and brake pads and an extended 12-month, 12,000-mile labour warranty
Firestone The standard brake maintenance, which includes fluid exchange comprises:
- Shoes or brake pads with new rubbers are installed
- The brake components are inspected
- Drums or brake rotors repaired or replaced
- Brake fluid exchange or bleed brakes (which eliminates the contaminants in brake fluid and air)
- Lifetime parts guarantee for brake discs and shoes as well as brake disc pads.
- Labor warranty of 24,000 miles/24-months
5. Local Repair Shop
With all the big sharks that we’ve mentioned it’s easy to overlook the repair shop in your neighborhood when you’re looking for the least expensive option to repair your brakes. If you’re seeking an experience that’s more personal to you and price is your primary concern going to an auto repair shop in your area could be your best option.
You’ll be able to speak direct with the tech, and ask questions about the services provided as well as cost estimates, making it simple to find a cost-effective solution that doesn’t compromise the quality of service or parts.
It is a good idea to ask your relatives and friends whether they know of any preferred places to park their car. Do not forget to ask for discounts or special deals.
How Much Does A Full Brake Repair Price?
This question can be answered in a variety of ways. Firstof all, the price of a full brake repair will differ based on the car you drive and the location you decide to get the work done. Based on the person you talk to, you’ll receive a different response to what’s included in the brake job.
If you visit the repair shop in your neighborhood or the most affordable option to repair your brakes and you are looking at $300-$500 for a full-service repair. This includes new brake pads, rotors and other labor expenses. Naturally, costs could vary based upon the availability of parts and other variables.
However, if as well require replacing the brake calipers, you could be required to shell out more than $800 for each axle. The brake calipers are designed to last for as long as the vehicle you drive.
However, in reality they typically last between 75,000-100,000 miles. But, like any other component, they could need to be replaced earlier due to various reasons.
How do you choose the Cheapest place to get Brakes Designed
Finding reliable and top-quality brake repair without spending a lot of money isn’t easy. However, with a bit of study, you can enjoy a great price without sacrificing your vehicle’s repair.
Five tricks that you can employ to locate the best price in brakes.
- Ask for help:Talk to friends and relatives who recent had brakes fixed and ask them the location they went to and what they spent. If they’ve enjoyed their experience, you will!
- Comparing Cost Estimates Prior to going to an repair facility think about getting cost estimates from various providers. This will provide you with an idea of the amount you’ll be charged and will help you evaluate options to make the best decision.
- Review Customer Comments Reading reviews of customers is among the most effective ways to gauge the quality of service and to get an idea of the prices that have been in the past. Review nearby auto repair services to determine what kinds of experiences customers had, both good and bad.
- Research Quality Parts All parts are not made equal. Choosing high-quality parts can reduce costs in the long run , if they last longer or require repair less frequently. Make sure you do some research prior to purchasing about the top brands available so that that you’re getting the best components.
- Profit from Seasonal promotions and discounts Repair shops typically provide special discounts or promotions all through the year So, look around and find out when it’s ideal to schedule a service for your vehicle.
- Utilize Coupons and Loyalty Programs Many repair shops also have coupon and loyalty program. Be sure to verify this prior to visiting and use these to receive discounts on services, as well as other benefits like free inspections or oil changes.
Moving forward, we would like to stress that you ask questions when you are looking for the cheapest location to repair brakes.
Tips for Things to ask the Repair Shop
Being the most expensive doesn’t necessarily indicate that they’re actually. It’s all about the features included. So, asking questions is essential in making the best choice.
It is worth asking about the kind of brakes they employ as well as the cost of repair, the time it typically takes and whether any warranties or guarantees are provided along with the service.
This will allow you to ensure that you receive the most competitive price and top quality service. Additionally, you can evaluate the various auto repair shops and the services they offer. Don’t be shy of asking questions!
There are a myriad of questions you could ask that will meet your specific requirements. Here are some we chose:
- Do you provide any discounts or specials on brake repair?
- Do you provide a guarantee on the repair of your brakes?
- What kind of brake part are you using to repair your vehicle?
- Are there any costs related to the brake repair service?
- Is there a time estimate for the amount of time required to finish the repair of the brakes?
- Could you give me an estimate of the repair of my brakes?
- Are there other services included with the repair of your brakes?
- Do you have any other costs or taxes that I must be informed of?
- Do you have a loaner vehicle during the time my car needs to be repaired?
What’s Included Typically in the Brake Job?
A complete brake service usually requires a thorough examination of the entire system to assess the condition of its components. After the inspection, the necessary repairs and replacements are suggested to restore the brakes to optimal operation that allow safe driving.
This may include the replacement of brake pads/shoes Resurfacing or replacing drums or rotors or hardware, repairing or replacing calipers and wheel cylinders. It can also include replacement of lines, hoses and liner, and the master cylinder when it’s leaking.
It is examined and replaced if needed and parking brakes are also checked and adjusted. A test drive is carried out for the purpose of “bed in” the new components.
Each of these steps when taken together, offer an intricate, complicated and confusing procedure which ensures that your brakes are taken care of and thoroughly restored to operating condition.
Here’s the usual procedure of brake services:
- The technician will examine the entire system of brakes to examine the state of all its parts.
- Based on the terms you’ve decided on. Before the work begins the process, the technician will provide you advice on any repairs or replacements needed in order to restore the brakes to optimal condition for safe driving.
- Technicians will install new brake pads or shoes.
- Replacement or resurfacing of drums and rotors
- Hardware replacement
- Rebuild or replace of wheel cylinders or calipers
- Repair of leaky or rusty lines, hoses, or master cylinders.
- Checking the brake fluid, and then replacement.
- Adjustment and checking on the brake for parking
- A test drive is conducted in order to “bed into” to the brand new parts
When you look at all of the parts involved in a brake service including disassembling and reassembling your car’s brakes, to replacing worn parts There’s lots of components involved in this kind of repair.
It is essential to locate an experienced mechanic that can complete the task correctly so that you’ll be in peace of mind when you take to your next road!
How long does a brake job Will Take?
Based on the kind of vehicle and the person performing the brake repair can take anywhere between 30 minutes and a couple of hours to repair the brake pads and the rotors. In general you can anticipate it to take between one and two hours for each axle. When you replace the brakecaliper be sure to account in bleeding brakes.
If you are unsure of the length of time your particular brake work will take, don’t be afraid to ask your mechanic prior to when they begin work. This way, you’ll know what they’re going to do and the length of time it will be – and you don’t get any unexpected surprise when it’s time to pay!
Frequently Answered Questions
Is it more cost-effective to do the Brakes yourself?
Making your own brakes is less expensive, and will save you around 100 dollars for an axle pad and the replacement of the rotor. But be aware that it’s an extremely time-consuming and difficult task according to the level of your expertise and also that you will not receive the advantages of warranties which many mechanics provide.
What is the average price for a Brake Repair cost?
The typical cost of a typical brake job generally will be between $300 to $400 per axle for the replacement of brake pads. This usually includes pads, installation, as well as the resurfacing of the rotors. If you need to replace the rotors it is possible to add 100 dollars per axle. Of of course, any additional expenses should be taken into consideration.
Does Walmart offer cheap brake jobs?
Walmart is well-known for its an array of low-cost automotive repair and maintenance services. However, Walmart does not currently offer brake services , such as brake inspections and brake pad replacement for instance. But, you are able to buy brake parts for sale at a low cost at Walmart should you be keen to tackle the task yourself.
Are my brakes covered by an Warranty?
If you decide to replace your brakes in an auto repair shop that is a professional. If that’s the scenario, you’ll usually be sure that there is an insurance policy on the work and the parts. But, to make sure it’s the case you should check before making the repair. The duration of the warranty may be of interest to you.
The cost of having your brakes replaced could be costly however it doesn’t have to be. By comparing different options and prices will help you find the best price for the work you need to do. From national chains such as Jiffy Lube or Midas to local repair shops, a variety of options are offered for servicing your brakes.
The old saying “you are what you spend for” isn’t more true when you’re looking to get your brakes repaired. While it’s tempting to pick the cheapest alternative, it could be a sign of sacrificing quality work or using subpar parts which won’t be as durable as premium ones. Be sure to read online reviews and ask questions prior to making a commitment to a particular store to ensure that you get the most value for your money.
You can cut costs on your brake repair without sacrificing safety or quality with a couple additional steps and researching before time. Whatever you decide to do to get your brakes repaired make sure you choose an experienced technician using quality parts and equipment. This way you’ll be able to rest easy that your vehicle is in good hands and ready for the road quickly!